- Fire screens usually fit either inside the opening or outside and just overlapping it. The customer should measure the fireplace opening at top and bottom of the opening for height and width.
- If the screen is being designed to fit inside the opening, we recommend a half to full inch clearance all around--more if the opening is irregular as in a rustic stone hearth surround.
- If the screen is to overlap, we recommend a half to one inch of overlap. You may choose to overlap even more if the opening is very small, for example. There aren't any rules about sizing for custom designs, so choose the fit that you find most pleasing.
- We will build your screen to the dimensions supplied. This size will include the height of the feet. Our feet are typically six to seven inches long with half of that extending to the rear from the center line of the screen. Please note any elevation changes in the firebox opening so we can accommodate for that in the foot design.
- Feel free to send measurements and photos of unusual situations. We can come up with solutions to most situations and are happy to collaborate and advise you on your project.
If you have any questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We're here to help you design a custom firescreen you'll love for a lifetime.